Ripple vs Stellar – Which currency will give you more benefits | Some secret facts will blow your mind
Stellar is the new bitcoin of 2018, it seems. Though too early to say that, this cryptocurrency has definitely taken a stellar start to 2018. Having climbed up than 65 percent since Friday, it has not made it’s way into the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization and taken the world by surprise.
With a market cap of more than $11 billion, Stellar has now become the sixth-largest digital currency, according to CoinMarketCap. As per the website, it has gone 49 percent higher on the day with a price of more than 85 cents.
— The Cheese (@thecheesefeed) January 3, 2018
— Crypto Bitness (@CryptoBitness) January 3, 2018
The mastermind behind Ripple & Stellar
Both Stellar and Ripple were founded by the same founder, Jed McCaleb. Having founded Ripple in 2011, he left Ripple in 2013 and went on to create Stellar in 2014.
Some of the key features of Stellar Lumens:
- Stellar is an open network. No permission needed from Stellar to join.
- Stellar network is FREE!
- Stellar is working with IBM.
- Stellar is a non-profit organisation.
- Focusing on underdeveloped.
- Stellar’s transactions settle in 2 to 5 seconds.
- Stellar’s coins are officially called lumens, or XLM.
- Supply in circulation: 17.8 billion / 103 billion
- Ranking (As of this post): 6
Some of the key features of Ripple:
- Ripple is a permission network. You need to be authorised to join Ripple network.
- Ripple is charging bank fees.
- Ripple is working with banks.
- Ripple is a private organisation.
- Focusing on the developed.
- Ripple’s transactions settle in 2 to 5 seconds.
- Stellar’s coins are officially called lumens, or XRP.
- Supply in circulation: 38.7 billion / 100 billion
- Ranking (As of this post): 2
Check out Dave Levine Dot Com as he gives you more insight into Stellar against the likes of Ripple.